Date(s) - September 14, 2023 - September 15, 2023
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, commonly referred to as ASIST, is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. Participants learn to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and to work with the individual to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. ASIST can be learned and used by anyone ages 16 and older.
Please sign up only if you can attend both days of the training.
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
There currently is no cost per participant. RACSB is providing lunch and refreshments both days of the training (please bring your own coffee/tea). Training materials and facilitation are provided thanks to the generous support of the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS).
Space is limited to 15 participants. Only register if you are able to attend and fully participate the full two days and are not “on-call” for other duties during that time. (A minimum of 10 registrations is needed to host the course.)