Date(s) - July 28, 2023
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
RASCSB at River Club
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
The training is from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please only register if you are able to fully attend. Following completion of the course, you will receive a certification that is good for three (3) years.
Mental Health First Aid covers:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a person in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
• NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care