Date(s) - May 16, 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
RACSB at River Club
safeTALK is a 3-hour training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognize a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources who can help them in choosing to live. Participants do not need any formal preparation to attend the trainin
Over the course of their 3-hour workshop, safeTALK participants learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts maybe present,
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked,
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide,
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe, and
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help.
There currently is no cost per participant. Training materials and facilitation are provided thanks to the generous support of the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) through the Rappahannock Area Community Services Board.
Space is limited to 30 participants. Only register if you are able to attend and fully participate and are not “on-call” for other duties during that time. (A minimum of 15 registrations is needed to host the course.)