Peer-run support groups
DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, PEER SUPPORT GROUPS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
THE WOMEN’S ACT
This is a closed group for women who receive support from the Assertive Community Treatment team. It is a platform to connect you with others who are in recovery, and provides a safe space to ask questions, to speak freely, and to receive positive feedback from one another.
This group will meet Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 817 7959 4015
SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER
Four drop-in substance use disorder groups will be held via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 953 6245 1383
Meeting ID: 949 8474 4733
This meeting is for women only.
Thursdays 3-4 p.m.
This meeting is for men only.
Meeting ID: 993 5972 2307
These groups are for those dealing with drug and/or alcohol use and in need of support. Those who choose to participate agree to attend in a private space without others’ present. Those who attend will be asked to share their location and contact number with the host at the start of group, in case of emergency.
These peer-run mental health and substance-use disorder groups are also being held via Zoom.
- Coping With Trauma, Tuesdays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A support group for individuals who have experienced trauma, whether it’s a single incident or cumulative. Come share and receive support around the challenges of coping with trauma. The group is facilitated by a certified peer recovery specialist who has experienced trauma. Facilitator is also trained in trauma informed care.
- Sit & Stitch & Color & Converse, Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m. A low-key support group where everyone is working on an activity of choice (i.e., coloring, sewing, knitting, drawing, etc.) while chatting.
- Women’s Self-Empowerment, Wednesdays, Noon to 2 p.m. Would you like to know more about how to take control of your own life, set goals, make positive choice and believe in yourself? Join in the learning and questioning as we explore the many aspects of self-empowerment and discover helpful strategies and free resources.
- Peer Connections, Thursdays, 1-3 p.m. A safe, confidential environment for those of us with mental health and/or substance use challenges to share and listen to one another.
- Saturday Support & Share, Saturdays, Noon to 2 p.m. A general support group for those of us with mental health and/or substance use challenges.
Click here to learn more and to find the group(s) that will work best for you.
Email Carlie or call her at 540/369-2797 for information and the link to the groups(s) that interest you.
It's about time to ring in 2023! For many of us, the year ends with festive fun, gatherings and...
Similar to dialing 911 in emergencies, anyone who needs mental health support can dial 988.
An area trainer has been named as Top Mental Health First Aid Instructor in Virginia in 2021....
600 Jackson Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Copyright: Rappahannock Area Community Services Board
Website Design By: Rambletype LLC