Thank you for your interest in employment with RACSB. At this time, due to concerns with COVID-19, only positions considered essential will be recruited.
At RACSB, we know our full-time employees’ needs are diverse, so employees are offered competitive benefits programs that have the flexibility to meet individual needs.
- Health Insurance (HMO and POS)
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Civil Leave
- Educational Leave
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Maternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Paternal Leave
- Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Pension Plan Through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Short-Term Disability*
- Long-Term Disability*
- Free Parking
- Deferred Compensation
- Eligible for Membership with Virginia Credit Union
- Loan Repayment Partnership with National Health Service Corps
Rappahannock Area Community Services Board provides public mental health, developmental disability, substance abuse, and prevention/early intervention services to the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. We are strategically located midway between Richmond, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
The Hiring Process:
- An online application is necessary for consideration for employment.RACSB’s on-line application portal can be accessed by clicking this link and this site provides applicants secure access to their account 24 hours a day. Through this account, you can save your personal profile, view vacancies, and submit your application online.
- You will need your user name and password to apply for other jobs or check the status of your application the next time you visit the system. (All current employees are asked to complete an online application in order to apply for any open position.)
- Please be sure to complete the application in its entirety. You will be asked to provide information such as your name, address, phone number, education, references, and previous jobs. Complete information, including contact telephone numbers and email address, will assist in timely processing.
- Please do not write “see resume” in any section of the application. Applications that are received with “see resume” on them cannot be processed. A resume may accompany your application but cannot be used in place of an application.
- Should you have any problems completing the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- Hiring supervisors review all applications.
- Hiring supervisors call prospective applicants for interviews for the position.
- The interviewing, selection, and hiring are done by the hiring managers.
- There is no specific time frame for filling a position. Some supervisors make quick decisions, while others may take longer.
- Please provide correct contact information for all references. These will be verified.
- A DMV record may be requested.
- Once an applicant has accepted a position, a hiring packet will be sent with all needed information.
- Orientation is required for all new employees and will be scheduled by Human Resources.
- Fingerprinting and a criminal background check are performed as is a Child Protective Services search. All employment at RACSB is contingent upon acceptable results from these background checks.