The COVID-19 outbreak brings a lot of new worries. We’re here to help.
Here are some local resources if you or someone you know is struggling financially during this time.
School Feeding Schedules
The local school districts are offering food to help families who relied on the free and reduced price meals at school. Find details and schedules:
- Caroline County food distribution list
- Fredericksburg City food distribution list
- King George County food distribution list
- Spotsylvania County food distribution list
- Stafford County food distribution list
Additional Food Resources
Check out the FredFoodVA app in the Apple App store. This free app helps you find local food pantries.
Also, three agencies are providing emergency food assistance:
Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank, 3631 Lee Hill Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22408: Twice Weekly drive-through distribution:
- Tuesdays 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM are for Seniors
- Thursdays 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM are for families and individuals.
Salvation Army Food Pantry, 2012 Lafayette Blvd. Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Micah Hospitality Center, 1013 Princess Anne Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Rappahannock United Way is using some of its ALICE fund to help households impacted by coronavirus. If you are a working household experiencing a financial crisis for the first time please call (540) 358-5801 to see if you are eligible for ALICE financial assistance.
When you call in to get a script filled or refilled, ask that the FamilyWize discount be applied by providing the following information from the FamilyWize card. There is no need for them to physically show a card.
Card ID: FW100
Group ID: FW100
If you are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless call 540-358-5801 for help connecting to housing resources in our area.
The Virginia Poverty Law Center has created a helpful document, Your Rights as a Tenant During COVID-19 Outbreak